Cancer Society of Maldives (CSM) is a national community based (non-profit/non-governmental) organization formed for the purpose of reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in the Maldives. We aim to contribute towards the well being of our community by creating awareness about cancer, providing support and circulating information and resources so as to enhance the experience of people fighting against cancer. It is one of our top priorities to conduct cancer research and to create a cancer patient registered data base in the Maldives.
Executive Committee Members
- Juwairiya Saeed - Chairperson
- Abdulla Nafiz - Vice Chairperson
- Neena Mansoor - Treasurer
- Afa Adnan - Secretary General
- Dr. Mariyam Raya Ibrahim Rasheed - Organizing Secretary
- Dr. Ahmed Mifthah Ibrahim - Youth Member
- Mohamed Kaleem - Member - Cancer Survivor
- Aminath Ali Manik - Member
- Hussain Rasheed - Founder Member
- Hussein Rasheed
- Afiya Ali
- Dr. Abdul Malik
To increase Cancer awareness through educating our community on different types of cancer, their methods of prevention and treatment. We consider awareness a cure as well as a triumph over fear.
To establish a cancer patient registered data base in the Maldives. Whilst cancer patients are increasing across Maldives, no official record of cancer patients has been maintained in the Maldives. We believe an official record of cancer patients will facilitate in analysing the causes of various cancer types in Maldives as well as enable our process of creating awareness and increasing the quality of cancer-care available to patients within our community.
To provide psychosocial support to cancer patients and their families to assist in the treatment process by acting as a support network and a coping mechanism for patients going through anxiety and depression and other emotional disparities during the period of their treatment.
- All cancer patients have lifelong access to high quality, effective, affordable and compassionate care
- Accurate information is available so as to enhance informed decisions about cancer prevention and treatment
- The incidence and impact of cancer on our community is minimised through advocacy, research, education and by providing people affected by cancer with support to enhance their quality of life
- To serve our community to reduce the impact of cancer
- To respect and value the community, volunteers and our staff
- To work toward our vision and mission through teamwork and collaboration
- To act with integrity and honesty
- To strive to achieve equity in the provision of programs and services across the Maldives in the most effective way